Don’t you love moments of leaping like this? Full of life, spirit, energy? My favorite moments in life I’ve been actively running, jumping, climbing, or playing. I yearn to have the energy and health to do it every day.
It will be one year, next month, that Sage and I joined Zumba. Despite my gut health and low energy, I’ve slowly eased my Zumba bod up to the front line these days. Did you know Zumba was created by a Latino guy who was in an aerobics class, and the instructor didn’t show up? He had Latin music CD’s in his car, and started dancing to them in front of the class?
I think I have SIBO. Small intestine bacterial overgrowth. I’ve struggled with IBS-C for years and years. Tried all kinds of things. I’m feeling pretty hopeful of finally tackling this issue~and want to share. Through other posts I’ve shared the protocol for
1. ridding the gut of fungus or yeast overgrowth;
2. bringing in big-guns probiotics (like kefir);
3. eating grain-free (in my case Paleo);
4. for me, NO dairy milk at all;
5. getting off all sugars (even honey); xylitol and erythritol, ground in a coffee grinder make a perfect sweetener for baking, coffee, etc.
I’ve recently discovered a few other tasty bits to really getting healthy at 50. I’ve started the SCD diet~ the “Specific Carbohydrate Diet”. Its not a huge leap for me, as I was already dairy and grain free. Here are a few bigger changes I thought I’d share:
1. Switching to xylitol/erythritol and ridding the baked goods of ALL other sweeteners is key;
2. Almond flour instead of arrowroot or tapioca flours (and even going off coconut flour for now) to get away from starches;
3. no carrageenan which is in soy creamer, coconut milk, etc;
5. lots of legal chocolate cake and fats. 🙂
Here’s a divine recipe for grain free, sugar free, gluten free brownies that rocks my world:
1 cup almond flour
1/8 c coconut flour
1/3 c shredded coconut
3 tsp baking powder
1/2+ cup cocoa powder
2 scoops chocolate protein powder (optional)
3/4 cup erythritol/xylitol combo
(powdered in coffee grinder)
2 tsp dry instant coffee
1/2 c cupgrass-fed butter (kerrygold from TJ’s)
1/2cup coconut oil–add last!
5 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips (xylitol sweetened-Vitacost online for most ingredients)
2 tsp chocolate liquid stevia
Mix all together, (softened Coconut oil last!)
Undercook in a 9×12
Start watching at 20 mins